Gunboat engine rebuild (again)

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry CW, the youtube link I posted for some reason does not appear correctly when posted, this makes rubbish of the entire post so I will delete it, and try again.

Ok mate dont worry time for bed,had a busy day yesterday what with the driving etc,more out at sea giving it some stick tomorrow.Now i can do 10 min at a time makes it easier.cheers CW.Ps are you coming on the trip before she goes? :cool2:

you need to go to the advanced section to use the youtube link tab

Hi ABN yes i have found that its the code i cant find on u tube page.cheers cw.

try this way

CW, play your video on Youtube, while it's running , find the URL under your description on the Youtube page

Start a reply to your thread

click the red Youtube button at the top right of the advanced reply window

the words youtube will appear twice in brackets

Click in the space between the middle brackets and paste the URL

delete all the URL before and including the = sign, ie. as-rrJt22rI

Post reply and test, should work.

Edited by gritineye

Yes please! when?

If i cant raise the mooring fees it will have to be before the end of March,have to tie in with Andy Fowlers work,have got his dates .

And of course as long as i dont brake it:shocked: Theres a chap north of Watford gap that might come but i dont know if his visa has run out:-D

I have put 8min video on u tube last night,It says uploaded, processing ,please wait.thats nearly 24 hrs ago,uploaded again tonight as it disapeared now its back and both are saying the same.The last two 5 min ones were processed in 10 mins ,giz a clue before the ruddy lot goes out the window:banghead::computerrage:cheers cw

Hi Deryck.it didnt smoke as such,the water is just dirty with unburnt fuel in it.

We did take the governor of this engine and put it on the rebuilt engine when looking for problems.i did put it back later.i also played around with the boost control,this is a diagphram that lifts a pin allowing the rack to go back further,this may well be out of tune now.it can be adjusted at sea easilly so we will get round to it.theres a fine line between smoke or loss of acceleration.Realistically these engines dont like being below 1,500 rpm and 1,800 is better.you get this scenirio where you have more fuel not enough air,to get the air you need more rpm and so on.typical large turbo problems.needs a two stage joby.Both Turbos have been remanufactured,i had new impellers made brngs etc,Made by Shweitzer.

That invoice made me cough.I supose the old girl now has 2,500 hrs at probably flat out speeds under her belt so cant really expect to much.

That would be a good few miles in a truck,i think CAT recomend a major rebuild at those hours.We also have to take in account the years it dissapered standing around,also rumous that it sunk but i cant confirm that.It needs a retired Capt with a good pention to finish the job.:-(

In my experience all females require large inputs of cash to operate as they should and remember you have Lord Nelson's daughter there ...'nuff said:-D

As regards a retired captain, saw a prog on CH4 last night about Royal Family and money, Handy Andy looks a good bet after they showed the millions he'a been raking in.:coffee:

enginerebuild003-1.jpg

John,wot do yer think of that sandwich Andy.

Andy.Crap.

Andy,and what happened to all those answers from the clever people on that forum John.

John.Crap:rofl:

Andy's just noticed all the dead flies in his bread :rofl:

:rofl:could be the missing cam cover bolt.you havnt voiced your opinion about that smoke :bow:

enginerebuild003-1.jpg

John,wot do yer think of that sandwich Andy.

Andy.Crap.

Andy,and what happened to all those answers from the clever people on that forum John.

John.Crap:rofl:

Hey Richard do you reckon there are any torpedos on that Russian sub thats on another thread:argh::rofl:

Hey Richard do you reckon there are any torpedos on that Russian sub thats on another thread:argh::rofl:

Wot russian sub ,have i missed something?:rofl:

you havnt voiced your opinion about that smoke :bow:

Would you listen if I told you ? :-D

Too much fuel, or air/fuel ratio not correct. What is the intake like, no chance of a collapsed hose for instance? (seen this on an AEC 760, the interior of the hose was being sucked in).

Go with what you said earlier about boost control adjustments......too much fiddling :nono: :-D