Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: London Militaria shops?

Default London Militaria shops?

Does anyone know of any decent militaria shops in London? Ideally near a tube station! Fancy a tat-spending spree, namely a good decent pith helmet but not sure which sort to go for (either the Wolseley or the other sort as used in Zulu). Only one i've seen so far is one in Camden Market which was actually well priced, but didn't have one there unfortunately or much else in the way of WW2 stuff.

Cheers, Rob
    Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground

Default Re: London Militaria shops?

Blunderbus antiques in Thayer st W1.Good collection,but can be expensive.Also Target arms Lordship lane East Dulwich.S.E London.Has a wide range of collectables,and has a website.
    1942 Ford Jeep
    Ferret Mk2/3
    S3 Lightweight Landrover
    Chrysler 300c
    Corvette C6 Z51
    Corvette C6 Z06
    Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Laramie

Problem is you are paying London prices. IE what ever we can screw out of rich idiots.
    Leading the charge!
    Jeeps posed for pictures Dodges were to busy working. I'm not mad! My voices say I'm sane! And I am not in the pay of Jersey tourisim No longer a 101. Now a Dodge WC54. If there is one thing makes me angry, its all the Incredible Hulk Films!! (Tony Banner)

What about EvilBay, theres loads on there, really obscure stuff too.
    1942 Ford Gpw

Ex-vehicles
    Ferret
    1954 Austin Champ
    SII Landie Ambulance
    VW Iltis
    1944 Morris Commercial GS
    MVT
    WFA
    IFA
    "You aint seen me...Right?"

Yeah, i'm looking for the ones you see at just about every militaria show/stalls at vehicle shows, normally go for about 10-20. Hoping to try one on first though as i'm not sure which i'd prefer! Thanks for the hints though guys will give them a go
    Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground

Try Nick Hall at Sabre Sales in Southsea, Hampshire (I know it's not London, but it's not too far). He tends to stock loads of obscure items, including what you are looking for. Best to go there, as his shop in quite extensive and you can spend hours looking round.

http://www.sabresales.co.uk/

Robert Davey
    WOA2 is the name for Robert Davey from Reading.

Ford WOA2 utility car
    Ford WOT2 truck

Quote Originally Posted by woa2
    Try Nick Hall at Sabre Sales in Southsea, Hampshire (I know it's not London, but it's not too far). He tends to stock loads of obscure items, including what you are looking for. Best to go there, as his shop in quite extensive and you can spend hours looking round.

http://www.sabresales.co.uk/

Robert Davey
    I agree with Robert, you won't be disappointed. I was there a couple of weeks ago. There are 2 adjacent shops & another a few doors down. Not only are there upstairs, back rooms & annexes, there is a double cellar with stock up to your shoulder. In fact you have to crawl on your stomach to move around as you can't stand up. I found NOS WW2 mule saddlery of various sorts, even respirator bags for horses!
    Clive Elliott

Always wanted old British Army publications of any period (the older the better) eg AC, ACI, AESP, AO, COSA, CP, CR, DCI, EMEC, EMEI, EMER, EMPL, EMPS, ER, ETS, JSP, LoC, LTI, MAOS, MRA, RAOS, REA, VAOS, WMTI, etc, Army & WO Coded publications in paper or fiche.

I heard rumour the Great White Bearded one was retiring? Great place to visit they are all as mad as we are.
    Leading the charge!
    Jeeps posed for pictures Dodges were to busy working. I'm not mad! My voices say I'm sane! And I am not in the pay of Jersey tourisim No longer a 101. Now a Dodge WC54. If there is one thing makes me angry, its all the Incredible Hulk Films!! (Tony Banner)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony B
    I heard rumour the Great White Bearded one was retiring? Great place to visit they are all as mad as we are.
    Given the slump in commercial property prices in the area I think he will be relieved to carry on for at least a while.
    Clive Elliott

Always wanted old British Army publications of any period (the older the better) eg AC, ACI, AESP, AO, COSA, CP, CR, DCI, EMEC, EMEI, EMER, EMPL, EMPS, ER, ETS, JSP, LoC, LTI, MAOS, MRA, RAOS, REA, VAOS, WMTI, etc, Army & WO Coded publications in paper or fiche.

Try Laurence Corner, in Hampstead Rd. near to Euston Square Tube Station. I have not been in there for years, but it was once an aladins cave of obsure military surplus. Check out their website, pith helmets mentioned, www.laurencecorner.co.uk

Richard
    Richard Farrant

1943 Bedford QLD - 1941 BSA WM20 - 1943 Daimler Scout Car Mk.2
    MVT no. 1087 - IMPS no. 57 - AMVCS hon. member
    KVE Committee member and Newsletter editor
    KVE Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/corowaswimin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information