Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Form V112G

Default Form V112G

I expect many of us claim exemption from MOT under Regulation 30 on Form V112G (not to be confused with Form V112). Post Offices have very few of these or prefer not to look for something out of the ordinary & say go & retax it at a LVLO because they have targets for the number of customers seen per hour & I suspect this may have an effect on the earnings.

Well I stumbled acros this:
    http://www.dvla.gov.uk/forms/pdf/V112G.pdf

Which makes life easier. I think the Reg 30 applies if the vehicle is used unladen, built before 1960 & over 3 tons.

Another interesting DLA place fo nosey parkers is:
    http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/index.jsp

Follow "Vehicle Enquiry" then put in VRN & make of vehicle & see what comes up!
    Clive Elliott

Always wanted old British Army publications of any period (the older the better) eg AC, ACI, AESP, AO, COSA, CP, CR, DCI, EMEC, EMEI, EMER, EMPL, EMPS, ER, ETS, JSP, LoC, LTI, MAOS, MRA, RAOS, REA, VAOS, WMTI, etc, Army & WO Coded publications in paper or fiche.

Default Form V112G

I drove around this year in my jeep with a V112 :roll: but I am pretty sure it was illegal as there was not one thing that resembled what I had :shock: , but lots of people do it, I know 8)

Default Form V112G

Perhaps you were mistaken for a road gritter or even a registered playbus :oops:
    Clive Elliott

Always wanted old British Army publications of any period (the older the better) eg AC, ACI, AESP, AO, COSA, CP, CR, DCI, EMEC, EMEI, EMER, EMPL, EMPS, ER, ETS, JSP, LoC, LTI, MAOS, MRA, RAOS, REA, VAOS, WMTI, etc, Army & WO Coded publications in paper or fiche.

Default Form V112G

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    I drove around this year in my jeep with a V112 :roll: but I am pretty sure it was illegal
    Whats the point of doing that when it is so easy to MoT a jeep? If you had been asked to produce your docs, you would have found it cheaper to have had it tested.

The V112G is for heavy vehicles where the only test facilites are Ministry Test stations and they obviously do not wish to get them in the system there. It is all done on trust that the vehicle is kept in good order and safe.

Kewelde
    Richard Farrant

1943 Bedford QLD - 1941 BSA WM20 - 1943 Daimler Scout Car Mk.2
    MVT no. 1087 - IMPS no. 57 - AMVCS hon. member
    KVE Committee member and Newsletter editor
    KVE Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/corowaswimin

Default Form V112G

I know that now but at the time I was told I took on trust that it was correct, it will not hapen again, the last thing I want is a ticket and fine for not having the correct docs.

Default Re: Form V112G

Quote Originally Posted by fv1620
    Well I stumbled acros this:
    http://www.dvla.gov.uk/forms/pdf/V112G.pdf

Which makes life easier. I think the Reg 30 applies if the vehicle is used unladen, built before 1960 & over 3 tons.
    It is regulation 28 for all tracked vehicles.

The V112G system is not all positive however. I believe that it is based on a pragmatic view that with large and unusual vehicles, the owner is probably the expert as to what constitutes roadworthy status. Yes this means you 'write out your own MOT' but you are also personally responsible for all aspects of it being roadworthy. You are certainly prevented from saying 'I did not know there was a problem' as you are assumed to know and to check.
    I for one am grateful that the DVLA trusts me with this and am pleased I do not have to pay up for commercial plating but would personally prefer if someone else took the reponsibility, just in case I missed something......

York, cultural capital of the north of England.

Default MOTs

You have to be very carefull of mOT exemption, there are so many things you can not do with an exempt vehicle, tow trailers, carry luggage etc, even passengers are a dark area, close scrutiny of the RTA 1988 is needed, it isn't as straight forward as it seems.
    I personally know of more than one privately registered civvy truck owner who had one "stuck on him" for flounting the rules. No one wants the points or extra costs it incurs, so beware!
    Tim(1)
    It just came off in my hand, honest!

1943 Willys MB
    1942 Harley WLC
    BSA Para bike

Default Form V112G

Yes John, I know what you mean about some other authority verifying roadworthiness (at least at the time of examination). I have recently invested in a Taply/Ferodo Brake Efficiency Meter & that was quite illuminating driving up & down the field then braking.

The Pig was only half as good as the Wolf & initially the Hornet was only half as good as the Pig. But I have done some work to improve . It has also encouraged one other pig owner to go & get one of these meters.
    Clive Elliott

Default Form V112G

Interesting!!!!

How much are these devices and where would they be accquired from???

Thanks!
    Neil.

Dover Tunnel Team - entry hole plug!

1969 FV622 Stalwart 19 ET 90 STALII/629 - Household Cavalry Participant 2007 - now gone to a new home with AndyM
    1973 Series 3 109" FFR 55 FM 58
    1978 OT-90 now in her store and awaiting armaments
    19xx UAZ 469 under restoration

First HMVF invasion of Overloon - Feb '09

Default Form V112G

They were very common in 1950/ 60s for testing the braking efficiency of cars for MOTs before, rolling testing was avaivable. The are about 4 in x 6 in on a heavy metal base with two handles & on top a meter that has a scale that pivots & spins aided by an internal weight. If you shake it you can see the scale go sliding around.

You put it on the floor of the vehicle to be tested. Level the meter, set it to lock when it is spun. Drive down your flat track (I use a field not the road) Then get up to 20-30 mph & stop as hard as you can. The meter will spin & lock giving a % braking efficiency.

On the Wolf it is 70% on the Pig it is just over 25%. keep the steering wheel free during this, if the wheels pulled into to one side check the efficiency of the cylinders on the other side.

I believe 25% was the MOT pass line. Repeat this for the handbrake which should be about the same.

I looked round Beallieau auto jumble & they varied from £20 - £75. But I got mine for £23, it should come with a test certificate & a nice wooden carrying box. Even a box I saw was £12. The problem is at these sort of events you are competing with people who are collecting this sort of stuff for memrobelia/ nostalgia purposes I just want to use the thing for the purpose intended, not to keep it on the mantlepiece & polish the damn thing!

My Pig friend having seen mine bought a nice one at a Land Rover Newbury event for £25. So they are around. If you want to know what to look for I can take a pic tomorrow. I wish I had bought one years ago. If you do a google for them you get hits for memrobelia sales & they go for quite a lot of money sometimes even if broken so you can just to look at them.
    Clive Elliott

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information