http://airfieldinformationexchange.freeforums.org/ This makes interesting viewing too ..... oh the things we do when the other half has x factor on!!!!

That forum is interesting, just been reading on there about the ghostly sightings on West Malling aerodrome. Don't recollect seeing anything when we used to camp there for the airshows, too many people about perhaps :confused:

That forum is interesting, just been reading on there about the ghostly sightings on West Malling aerodrome. Don't recollect seeing anything when we used to camp there for the airshows, too many people about perhaps :confused:
I used to do the Old Warbirds show at West Malling.One year Bernie Slater had me tugging the aircraft genny around with the Jeep.I have a pic somewhere with me and the Jeep next to a Douglas Skyraider as we started it.Richard.Do you remember the hanger dances there?.

Richard.Do you remember the hanger dances there?.

Mark,

I took a MV to every one, they were wonderful shows. Yes, I did go to the hangar dance there, had my Bedford outside the doors on one, great atmosphere.

Will see if I can find photos. Do you recollect one year there was a Battle event at Brands on the Saturday and we travelled down to West Malling afterwards, as the airshow was just on Sunday. Ray Hanna was practising and did a better and lower display than on the public day..........straight over us! :)

I'm sure i done that one.I remember there was a unit of the T.A there as well with a broken down M.J.Had to be bumped started.I think Eddy Slater was in attendance at that show as well in his Jeepster.My brother has some really good pics from West Malling as he started his flying career with the pop star Gary Numan.He used to fly every where with him in the Harvard.Or was it a Texan?.