Book

cripp

Here's a great site where anybody can make there own book. It's quite simple but takes a fair amount of time to get things laid out how you want. I made a book on my jeep. It's not an in depth jobbie, more a brief record of my own restoration.

Have a look at the preview and see what you think.

Click Here

You can buy a copy if you want and make me rich. :cool2: If I sell 100,000 copies I'll be moving.:-D

My god that has to be one of the best ideas I have seen for years. Paul - can you give us more info, like Profit — Set Your Price, sell your books in the Blurb Bookstore, and keep 100% of the markup. Yes, it’s that simple how does the whole concept work?

Reckon this could be a great way to self publish.........

Could I have signed one please?!

My god that has to be one of the best ideas I have seen for years. Paul - can you give us more info, like Profit — Set Your Price, sell your books in the Blurb Bookstore, and keep 100% of the markup. Yes, it’s that simple how does the whole concept work?

Reckon this could be a great way to self publish.........

The software is easy to use. Download the free software, install and away you go. There's plenty of layouts to choose from depending on the type and size of book you want. You add or remove pages as you go and you can have different layouts on each page.

Prices are set by Blurb depending on the size of book, the amount of pages and if you choose premium paper but then you can add an amount you want to make per book. You can make different amounts on paperbacks, dust jacket and hardback styles or keep it the same. The amount is entirely up to you. When you upload your first book you have to buy one copy to keep it on the site.

The books are printed in the US and the Netherlands. Shipping for mine was under £4 normal price but I paid £12 express as I want it quick to see what it looks like. I expect it around the 16th. I know of some that arrived in a few days and one I ordered off a friend came within a week. I think the first one probably takes a bit longer due to set up or something.

It's a great idea, and definately something Richard and CW should do for their trips.

I'm sure I could arrange that. Anyone else? :rofl:

I got my copy today and I'm well pleased. Very well packaged so no damage in transit. I chose to have the premium paper which makes the book a bit dearer but I think it's worth it. 1 or 2 pictures look a little darker in the book than they did on the screen but it's no big deal and out of 140 odd I can't complain.

I got my copy today and I'm well pleased. Very well packaged so no damage in transit. I chose to have the premium paper which makes the book a bit dearer but I think it's worth it. 1 or 2 pictures look a little darker in the book than they did on the screen but it's no big deal and out of 140 odd I can't complain.

Well done Paul - can you post up one or two pictures? You may have to ask yourself for permission first :)

Well done Paul - can you post up one or two pictures? You may have to ask yourself for permission first :)

It took a while but I finally gave myself permission.:-D

So here's a few pictures, You'll have to excuse the blur, got a bit of a shaky hand.

IMG_1218.jpg

The title is very slightly off centre, but not really noticable.

IMG_1220.jpg

Binding is good. Nothing's come loose yet.

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

I used various layouts for the pages and they've all come out well. No problem with any of the pictures or text.