White Half Track

thedawnpatrol

KPU,

Thats a nice Track too, I like the Loaded look, they certainly look better kitted out!

How did you brake your front half shaft ?

I 'abused' mine the other weekend, hit a ditch hard to try the roller, it worked fine, and I still have all my front teeth!

Cheers

Jules

The honest answer i don't know how i broke it. It was the front drive shaft spindle which broke, the flange which the bearings actually mount to. It has not been doing anything 'off' road for a while (not that this is a parade queen, she is starting to look a bit tired after the restoration which is just the way i like my vehicles. It broke off where the 'pipe' shaped bit meets the flat face which bolts to the knuckle housing. According to Gary Hebding, it is not unheard of.... It is a miracle it all held together, we had to drive it 20 odd miles (no other option at the time) before i could get it recovered.

Part which broke in 'N' on the attached picture. It gave me a reason to overhaul the front brakes and buy another spare spindle. Got very greasy that day!

Back to the shed to start getting ready for Normandy.....

Ken

HTFA.pdf

IMG00133.jpg

IMG00131.jpg

Dinger has been getting excited over this half track since I can't remember when.

One day he turned up at a show (probably Uffington White horse Show from memory) and say's "I've bought something meaty!" Well that was when I was still at school and having just turned 34, its clearly a long term project.

I haven't seen his tidy GMC on the show circuit for many a can of beans either? Got a lovely shot of it going through the river fording on Salisbury Plain during the 1990 Red Ball Express though.

• 1 year later...
Here's a couple of photo's of my 1941 White M3 taken at War & Peace last year.

Very nice pic`s....... makes me want to get my M3 out, I must make the effort. I have become so used to taking my Jimmy, Jeep or motorcycle, obviously getting idle, I think that its an age thing.:cool2:

Very nice pic`s....... makes me want to get my M3 out, I must make the effort. I have become so used to taking my Jimmy, Jeep or motorcycle, obviously getting idle, I think that its an age thing.:cool2:

Come on, pull your finger out and fire the M3 up...

Come on, pull your finger out and fire the M3 up...

You are absolutely right.....I do need to pull my finger out, I purchased a gas firing 50cal to go with the 2 x 30cals.... fancy that she might cause a bit of a stir now at shows, I will have to get my son to pitch-in and give me some help...... I do fire her up regularly. It never fails to amaze me how quickly that they fire-in, even after several weeks standing, obviously the fuel does not vapourize from the bowl like Jeeps and Jimmy`s. Some of my fellow enthusiasts think that when I open the door to the M.3 that the headlights seem to blink in the bright light................... so you can imagine, I am getting a lot of flack, I must try to restore my standing in this area......... before someone starts writing to the magazine.:cool2: