BMVT Winter Rally 6-8 Feb 2009

Well a few of us braved the weather and headed over the Belgium for the winter rally, for me it was a first but certainly not the last time, it was brilliant.

Friday - arrive at the huge hotel of Ol Fosse De Outh in Houffelize just north east of Bastogne, a few beers then a large buffet that even filled me up! then a few more beers and and a night cap, very frindly atmosphere and very efficient organisation. Rooms were perfect and very reasonable.

Sat - up for breakfast then fire the jeep up for a 65km drive in a rather large convoy of MV's. unfortunately the weather closed in and we could only see about 100 metrers in front but still a very enjoyable drive following the Autocar through the narrow hill side tracks. stopped an Clervuex for lunch and a nose in the museum then on with a further 45 km drive back though the forests and hills to the hotel. The evening bought a sit down meal for all and a disco.................oh and some beer!

Sunday - up just after going to bed! breakfast and out on a 30km drive in convoy, then sunday lunch for all before heading back to blitey.

i would recomend this weekend highly as it was well organised and very well priced with all you hotel and food included in the fee, a huge selection of vehicles to see and see being put through there paces in the Ardennes forests, Great stuff!

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.JPG

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.JPG

I did this event from 2003 to 07 but unfortunatly not the last couple of years. Here are some pics of 2003 when we had plenty of snow.

The Sherman in Bastogne.

WinterRally2003005.jpg

In the forests around Bastogne.

WinterRally2003079.jpg

WinterRally2003069.jpg

WinterRally2003077.jpg

As already stated it is really well organized, the accomodation and catering are superb.Although its a 1000 mile round trip for me I would thoroughly recommend it.

Jim.

Edited by Jim Clark