Firepower Museum 15/02/09

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

firepower2009018.jpg

Alf and the cotraversial champ.

firepower2009016.jpg

I dunno who this bloke was but he stood around all day with his hands in his pockets ,especially in the cafe.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

firepower2009001.jpg

firepower2009004.jpg

firepower2009005.jpg

firepower2009006.jpg

A very poor turnout again,i think if the musuem doesnt do some advertising this is going to die out.I think we have tried to help them but they need to do more.Mr Bs efforts might reap more rewards else where.

The fact it took me 1hr 40 mins to do the fairly short journey home may just of finished for me.:argh:

PS there was also a lot of litter blowing about,something about a show later in the year,Ministry mania or something.

Edited by catweazle (Banned Member)

Andy :pfrt: I was working on a new toy to tow bwhind the Dodge! Couldn't use the 'Vehicle' Young Paul disappeared with it all day. The 2 pounder is the Musuem's newt toy. came from Artuillery School at Larkhill and wa sfiring live sheels last year! There is a possibility that it may be seen shooting at some of the shows. Amazing little gun, over enginnered to a fare the well. Three ways of firing, three ways of traverse and the sights are boggling. Pity they were obsolete when introduced.

tp1.JPG

tp2.JPG

Hello,

I went to Firepower on the Saturday. Quite a few Land Rovers (pictures below). Couldn't take mine though needs bit of work. Hardly saw any public there. There was an article in the local Mercury newspaper about it being on, but, never saw posters or anything like that in the area. Quite happy with the parts I bought to mount a man pack radio into my FFR, just need to get a radio now, have to be a bit at a time.

REME Series 3.

s3recovery.jpg

Lots of radio equipment in this one, gave me ideas for mine.

s3openffr.jpg

And a nice 90

ninety.jpg

I enjoyed the afternoon and had a look round the museum as hadn't been for a while.

Thanks,

Martin

Yeah only half the museum was open Sunday as well ! Didn't stop them charging FULL admission price to my sister and her son ! Luckily someone left a side door open of the other half and we had been right around before a rather irrate elderly gentleman came in and shouted that nobody was supposed to be in there :stop:! Very professional museum :confused:! As we were walking around I did think , not much security in here ! :-D

Hello,

I went to Firepower on the Saturday. Quite a few Land Rovers (pictures below). Couldn't take mine though needs bit of work. Hardly saw any public there. There was an article in the local Mercury newspaper about it being on, but, never saw posters or anything like that in the area. Quite happy with the parts I bought to mount a man pack radio into my FFR, just need to get a radio now, have to be a bit at a time.

REME Series 3.

s3recovery.jpg

Lots of radio equipment in this one, gave me ideas for mine.

s3openffr.jpg

And a nice 90

ninety.jpg

I enjoyed the afternoon and had a look round the museum as hadn't been for a while.

Thanks,

Martin

Any more pics of the SOV Defender next to the REME S111??.