Victory Show 2009

Visited the victory show at cosby leicestershire today and what a great show it turned out to be, lots of great ww2 dioramas and a battle re-enactment that was second to none.

There was a good amount of stalls and other vehicles to look at not just ww2 equipment as i thought it was going to be. I was also impressed by the amount of aircraft flying displays including Mustangs, Lancaster, Spitfire, Hurricane, B17 and the Vulcan that did a simulated bomb run. all the air displays wern't rushed and the aircraft seemed to stay around for along time giving the crowds a good show.

this was the best show i have been to this season and i hope it gets better every year, judging by the amount of visitors that were there today and its location it could turn into one of the best shows on the military calender

So just to carry on...it was one hell of a show and one not to be missed. It was so focused and the dioramas just get better and better. The standard of the UK reenactment hobby has to be the best in the world.

We also had the following aircraft displaying - not just a token flypast but were there until they used up most of their fuel!

Lanc

Spitfire

Hurricane

P51

B17

C47

And of course the Vulcan............!

Nice to of met up with Papv66, Jim, Zommer, Tony, Its Me, Simon, Rowan, Tim, Simon M, Neil 'jumper' Stevens and the gentleman that is Rambo.

Will going back next year and some pictures:

Picture010-5.jpg

Picture012-4.jpg

Picture013-2.jpg

Picture015-5.jpg

Picture018-4.jpg

Picture019-6.jpg

Picture020-8.jpg

Edited by Marmite!!
Photo layout

This show is, without doubt, one of the best shows of the year. The aircraft were superb and the show was run like clockwork. Plenty of toilets that were cleaned twice a day, everyday and the catering wagons were charging sensible prices.

The bombing run by the vulcan was simply amazing!

We went to the dance on the saturday night and it was superb.

I reccomend that you make this one for your dairies for next year.

These ladies have sons/husbands serving in afgan and spent the whole weekend camping like the boys in afgan.

SANY0013-1.jpg

This tank is built on the chassis of a british 432, and a pukka job the man has done on it to!

SANY0012-1.jpg

SANY0023.jpg

SANY0031.jpg

SANY0032.jpg

SANY0033.jpg

It does look like a great show and I had planned to go the last two years. But due to a combination of the weather last year and it clashing with Dorset this year I haven't been able to go.

I'm sure it was the weekend after Dorset before, have they moved it forward by a weekend?