Pioneer instrument panels - Photo request

Jimh

Any chance of some photographs of your Pioneer instrument panel? We've got the speedo which will get sent to Speedograph for a rebuild but the air pressure, engine oil pressure, gearbox oil pressure and ammeter are just a mish mash of 52mm gauges from elsewhere.

I'm looking for something to show what make and style of gauges were used so I can start hunting.

It almost looks like it has been tarted up suitable for civvy street. Not too bad a shot of the instrument panel, though. Cheers.

Incidentally - refurburbing the speedo is going to be £70.00 for the overhaul and £40 for the new mask from Speedograph. Seems like not bad money for somehting that works properly at the end of it.

Our Pioneer has original (unrestored) dash I think, wont be back home to take pictures for a couple of weeks, from memory they are early smiths units with the needles looking more like little arrows. Think theres one air, engine and gearbox oil pressure think 4th is ammeter but its too long since I looked to be sure!

Slightly off-topic but welcome to the form Jimh, not only am I delighted that someone saved the other pioneer from Monte's but you cant be more than an hour away from me!

Can't be any help with the dash, I took a pic of your one to help me out! My dials are just rusty circles (But the needles still move!)

Regards,

Duncan

I've got at least two panels, i'll take some photos later and post. Richard

I don't suppose you might consider parting with one Richard?! I've been struggling to find gauges :-(

Pics of our dash boards below, firstly the one that came out of the vehicle

Image039.jpg

And a NOS one we sourced some ten years ago!!

Front

Image037.jpg

And back

Image038.jpg

IF you can't see the detail one the gauges and want more info let me know and i'll write it all out. Richard

Take a trillion house points. On the basis that much always wants more any chance of a better shot of the original one's air pressure gauge and the gbox pressure gauge? Or just some part numbers if they are handy.

That NOS one is just wonderful. What a cracking find.

Don't suppose anyone else has one just lying around they would like to exchange for gratitude and money?

Edited by Jimh

Take a trillion house points.

That NOS one is just wonderful. What a cracking find.

Don't suppose anyone else has one just lying around they would like to exchange for gratitude and money?

Place an Ad on Miliweb mate ! I was told by quite a few people "Oh you wont find one of them , they have all gone now " Placed a few ads and waited a while and got pretty much everything I asked for ! Sometimes took a fair old journey as the parts never seem to be local but its all worth it if it makes you happy ! Good luck with the Pioneer and I would like to add to Madrats comment on my delight that this other great old Scammell has been preserved . Regards Andy :-D

JimH,

Its been a while coming but here are omse closeups of the gauges on my two instrument panels. They're not brilliant photos unfortunatly because they are too close I think.

Original gearbox oil pressure gauge

Image042.jpg

Original engine oil pressure

Image043-1.jpg

Original ammeter

Image044-1.jpg

Original air pressure

Image045-1.jpg

NOS Speedo

Image046.jpg

NOS Engine oil pressure

Image047.jpg